Sunday, October 11, 2015

Violetta Zironi : Let Her Go



Now this is kinda an odd one. I came across this song when it was featured on an episode of Law & Order : Special Victims Unit and I was immediately struck by the haunting melody. I first thought the voice was British singer Ellie Goulding but then I decided to investigate further and I came across Italian singer Violetta Zironi.

Violetta Zironi is a country singer-songwriter who was one of the finalists in The X-Factor Italy where she finished the competition in third place. She was best known for playing her ukelele. Let Her Go was featured in her debut EP Dimmi Che Non Passa.



The song itself is a cover version of the hit by English singer-songwriter Passenger. While I'm not diminishing the significance of his version, I'm actually a huge fan of Violetta's version. I have to say more so than the original.

Check out Violetta's version of the song :-



And for the fans of Passenger's version here is the original :-


No comments:

Post a Comment